14.7.12

Le premier jour by Marc Levy.

Ed. Planeta
Marc Levy is a French author, in fact, he is the most widely read French writer outside of France. A few years ago, I read Et si c'était vrai, a very interesting short novel by this same author and I must say I really liked it, it was quite emotional and innovative from my point of view because of its treatment of life and death. It became very famous and they even made a film of it starring Reese Witherspoon which was called Just like heaven.
So when my sister told me she was about to finish another book by him, I asked her to lend it to me when she finished it; so she did, and when I had some time  I started reading it, just a few days ago. That is one of its best things, it takes a short time to read its almost 500 pages. I liked the beginning because it started at two separate points in the world, two parts, a man and a woman, two scientists, obviously they would end up together...  then when they meet, they already knew each other from the past!!!

Nevertheless, the story is quite unbelievable. They start  looking for the solution to a mystery that the necklace she was offered by a little boy back in Ethiopia where she was working represents. Two scientists go through an adventure that would be difficult for mercenaries... and according to other blogs, the novel is full of inacuraccies. What is worst, at the end of the book, the mystery isn't solved!! You have to read the second part of the novel called La première nuit (The First Night)!!! I know I read it in Spanish, which is not the same as reading in the original language (French), but I was disappointed; nonetheless, I admit it is great summer reading, because of the love story which keeps the novel moving.

One good thing about the book is the fact that my sister lent it to me, I wanted to talk to you about the possibility of reading through lending the books you have already read; there are several pages in the web and different possibilities, that is, you can get points through giving your book like in BookMooch or you can get in contact with other people and agree on how to exchange the books like with Book to Book, or a similar web completely in Spanish called LibrosCompartidos.com or also there is a movement that consists in leaving the book in a public place so that others can read it, this is called Book Crossing.

Do you like reading books in the summer? Have you ever used any of these webs to read books?
Leave your comments and tell us your experience!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don´t use the bookcrossing, but I konw a person, a woman college, who do it. A sevillian writer, Sara Mesa, writes about this in her last review:

    http://criticoestado.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/bookcrossing-basura.html

    If you know somebody who practice the bookcrossing, tell me, please, where y when. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jajajajaja, I am not talking about abandoning the books you don't like in the street!!I know a program on the radio that promotes Bookcrossing by leaving books in different cities ("Te doy mi palabra" in Onda Cero)
      Kind regards.

      Delete

I want to know what you think, please leave a comment!
Me interesa tu opinión, deja tu comentario