19.9.12

"Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield.


At the beginning of the course, I like my students to listen to this song, which for me, is a hymn of how a person can do whatever they want, starting whenever they want. It also helps me and inspires me to be myself, trust myself and makes me make an effort to work exactly as I think I can; for each person is unique, has an only voice and, for me, should work hard for what she or he wants in life.

Here are the lyrics:

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned.


CHORUS:

Staring at the blank page before you,
Open up the dirty window
 Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it,
Release your inhibitions.

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you,
Only you can let it in,
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips,
Drench yourself in words unspoken,
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
Oh, oh, oh


I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes,  but I can't live that way

CHORUS (x3)


Do you have any other reading of the lyrics of the song? Do you like it? Does it inspire you the way it inspires me? Leave your comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what you think, please leave a comment!
Me interesa tu opinión, deja tu comentario