4.2.13

Past simple: the beginning.

This week we are starting with the past. We use the simple past mainly to talk about things that happened in the past and are finished, that is, for narratives. We will  only be working on the affirmative form of the simple past of both regular and irregular verbs. When talking about the simple past in English, it is important to highlight the fact that there is only one form, no matter what the subject is.

Students find it more complicated to learn the irregular form of verbs, but for me, it is also important to be able to learn how to pronounce the regular verbs' suffix  -ed (or other spelling counterparts such as -ied - for words ending in consonant+y, -d -for words ending already in -e, or double consonant+ed - in words mostly of one syllable ending in short vowel and consonant). I like this video very much because it explains it very well.
At the MacMillan dictionary website, you can find their brilliant MacMillan irregular verbs learning wheel, to practise all irregular verbs in all their forms.
You can also practise them at Verbbusters, choosing your own level.
This is a nice game which we will play in the class, if you want to pratice it at home, you will win when the time comes. This one is a domino: Kubbu.
If you have any questions, I hope you leave a comment!!

2 comments:

  1. Teacher, you can say me what's the meaning of "START EVERYDAY WITH A SMILE AND GET IT OVER WITH" because I'm going to do last day the meaning of "get over with" (acabar con algo) and a example is this but the meaning I don't understand... You can help me please?? Thank's you :)
    Marina Casillas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marina! I do not know what the "it" refers to, that is what is finished. I can't help you if you do not give me more context. You can do it on Twitter, write my name and then DM (direct message), I will answer back quickly. I'm going out and I won't be able to answer in the blog. Good work, keep it up!!

      Delete

I want to know what you think, please leave a comment!
Me interesa tu opinión, deja tu comentario