19.4.13

Modern Classics: Paul Anka?

Have you heard the famous song My way? Well, maybe you have not heard about Paul Anka, but he is the songwriter of this famous song and many others. This Canadian artist knew since he was very young that what he wanted to be was a singer and songwriter, so he started to do so as soon as he was 13 years old. 

His first hit Diana is a very well-known song and many others followed, the first few sung by him, the rest sung by others. His most famous hits are Put your hand on my shoulder, , Lonely Boy and Hold me till the Morning Comesgreat love songs. He also wrote a song together with Michael Jackson which was released after Jackson's death, it is called This is it.

If you like melodic music, you will like him, give it a try and tell me what you think!

More Modern Classics: The Beatles, Elvis Presley and The Beach Boys.

2 comments:

  1. "My way" isn´t a french song´s version ("Comme d’habitude")? I prefer "Diana", although he is an over-sweet singer. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Angelus. I also agree with you that he is too sweet, but nice to listen to at times. Regards

      Delete

I want to know what you think, please leave a comment!
Me interesa tu opinión, deja tu comentario